The very best way to demystify bikes is to start learning the basics of bike maintenance – the role that different parts have on the performance and function of the entire bicycle. Learning the fundamentals of bike maintenance is also the ultimate way to understand and develop the confidence to troubleshoot trailside repairs.
Below are private clinics that offer a foundation for bike maintenance for the cycling enthusiast. Since bikes and parts vary so greatly, we feel that one on one clinics are a best way to strive beyond group, Youtube and written tips and tricks to help cyclists truly gain a good understanding of how their bike works.
Basic Bike Maintenance – $75 (Runs approx. 45 mins.):
Just a little basic home care will go a long way towards keeping your bike is optimal condition between tune-ups.
- Properly removing and installing front and rear wheels
- Flat repair (installing a tube)
- Tubeless plug install
- Tubeless tire maintenance tips – installing sealant, tape
- Lubing chain and checking for chain wear
- General maintenance, and safety inspection points
Tuning & Troubleshooting – $175 (Runs approx. 1.5 – 2 hours):
- Understanding shifting and how to tune & adjust the shift cables properly and troubleshoot
- Adjust brakes, reset calipers, brake troubleshooting
- Headset adjustment, torquing, understanding squeaks and creaks
Advance clinics are one on one, based on client-specific bike and parts.
- Brake Bleeding – $125 (Runs approx. 1 – 1.5 hours)
- Fork service – $175 (Run approx. 2.5 hours) *Prerequisite: Tuning & Troubleshooting
- Shock service – $175 (Runs approx. 1.5 – 2 hours)
- Wheel building – $350/$450 (2-2.5 days)
* Parts additional at 15% off standard pricing.